Recipe by GrammaJeanne
I wanted something in a hurry, so came up with these using what I had on hand. Super easy cookie bars using a sugar cookie mix for the crust. They look very elegant and taste delicious. Your fans will think you slaved over them, but they only take an instant! (Time shown does not include chill time for crust.) Try varying the type of jam and type of nuts. Lots of great combos out there.
Top Review by HulaHealthPrincess
Delicious! Tastes like a poptart. I made it in a 9x13 pan, only took 30 minutes (probably due to oven). I used pecans instead of walnuts and raspberry jam...simply amazing! Thanks!
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, melted butter, and egg. Stir until smooth.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Press into bottom of two lightly greased 8 inch round pans or one 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine apricot jam and lemon juice in a small bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm slightly.
- Stir well. Pour over crust and smooth to the edges.
- Chop walnuts and sprinkle over apricot mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes for 8" rounds and 35 minutes for 9x13" pan. (Mixture will be bubbly all the way to the center and edges will look caramelized.
- Cool in pan on wire rack until completely cool. Run a knife around edge carefully to loosen the edges.
- If doing 2 rounds, cut each round into pie shaped wedges. For 9x13 pan, cut into bars or diamond shapes.
- Cover any leftover bars with plastic wrap so they don't dry out.