1/2 Photos of Apricot Wedgies
I wanted something in a hurry, so came up with these using what I had on hand. Super easy cookie bars using a sugar cookie mix for the crust. They look very elegant and taste delicious. Your fans will think you slaved over them, but they only take an instant! (Time shown does not include chill time for crust.) Try varying the type of jam and type of nuts. Lots of great combos out there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, melted butter, and egg. Stir until smooth.
- 2Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Press into bottom of two lightly greased 8 inch round pans or one 9x13 inch pan.
- 4Combine apricot jam and lemon juice in a small bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm slightly.
- 5Stir well. Pour over crust and smooth to the edges.
- 6Chop walnuts and sprinkle over apricot mixture.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes for 8" rounds and 35 minutes for 9x13" pan. (Mixture will be bubbly all the way to the center and edges will look caramelized.
- 8Cool in pan on wire rack until completely cool. Run a knife around edge carefully to loosen the edges.
- 9If doing 2 rounds, cut each round into pie shaped wedges. For 9x13 pan, cut into bars or diamond shapes.
- 10Cover any leftover bars with plastic wrap so they don't dry out.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Wedgies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 35.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix