Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great for breakfast with whipped honey butter on top.
Make and share this Apricot Walnut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Drain apricots and reserve liquid.
- Place apricots in a food processor and puree.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid to the puree of apricots to make one cup. Set this mixture aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in dry ingredients and apricots to eggs sugar mixture alternating. (dry, apricots, dry, apricots, etc.).
- Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Spoon batter in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a knife stuck into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.