Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great for breakfast with whipped honey butter on top.
Make and share this Apricot Walnut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Drain apricots and reserve liquid.
- Place apricots in a food processor and puree.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid to the puree of apricots to make one cup. Set this mixture aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in dry ingredients and apricots to eggs sugar mixture alternating. (dry, apricots, dry, apricots, etc.).
- Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Spoon batter in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a knife stuck into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Yummy apricot bread. I have an apricot tree and was looking for a recipe to use fresh apricots. I added 1/4 cup more sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. The bread had a great texture. Next time, I would add some chopped dried apricots as well to give it a stronger apricot flavor. Thanks, Lacy for the great recipe.