Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick recipe that makes any breakfast special. Also nice as an evening snack or dessert (with a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Traditionally served with a sprinkling of powdered-sugar, brown sugar or whipped cream. Preparation time includes soaking time for the apricots.
- 40 g dried apricots
- 75 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 100 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml heavy cream
- Soak the dried apricots in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Cut in small pieces.
- Beat or whisk the butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together.
- Add the flour,the cream and the apricot pieces to the butter mixture.
- Stir till everything is well incorporated.
- Bake in an oiled waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve warm!
These baked up nice and golden brown. They have a pleasing texture and for me, they are perfect for a smaller family. I used egg substitute instead of the whole eggs and warmed apricot fruit spread with a tablespoon of orange juice to serve over the waffles. Thanks for posting this delightful recipe.