Recipe by mamacancook
I was making chicken breast browned in olive oil in a frying pan and decided I wanted to "jazz" them up for dinner.So I pulled out a few ingredients and wow'ed myself and my husband.Wanted to share. I didn't originally measure-so my measurements are "guesstimate"-You can tweak this to your liking.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 -3 tablespoons vodka
- 2 -3 tablespoons mandarin orange syrup or 2 -3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat slowly the Apricot preserves,Vodka and syrup(or water) over medium heat-the syrup came from mandarin oranges(I had Dole brand in the resealable lid jar) )stirring frequently until smooth.
- Pour over browned chicken breasts-heat until everything is warm.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
- PS-This actually was better the second day as the chicken soaked up a bit of the glaze.I even sliced the chicken thinly and made a sandwich for my husband and it was quite tasty.
- PSS-Thinking back-you could probably add the mandarin oranges and serve with rice or slice the chicken and serve over romaine lettuce as a salad-Toss on some slivered almonds (or crushed pistachios,etc -- ) and that would make a wonderful salad-lol-I just inspired myself.
- Lemme know what version you make!