Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light, delicate cookie; very pretty on a holiday platter.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- beaten egg
- cinnamon sugar
- finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line cookie sheets with parchment paper& set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook the chopped apricots& preserves until melted& apricots are soft.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter& flour into a stiff dough.
- Divide into 2 equal disks, wrap in plastic& chill.
- When dough is thoroughly chilled, cut each disk into 4 sections.
- Roll each section into a thin round, and cut into 4 or 6 wedges.
- Place approximately 1 tsp of preserve mixture on outer edge (wide, rounded side) of rolled dough.
- Moisten point of dough with a little water.
- Roll dough over the preserves, tucking in the sides& continue to roll to the point.
- Continue this with each section of dough.
- Place each cookie on parchment-lined cookie sheet; brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or chopped nuts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.