1 hr 5 mins
This is a really delicious cookie. I love the sour-sweet of the apricot filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line cookie sheets with parchment paper& set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, cook the chopped apricots and preserves until melted, and apricots are soft. Chill in refrigerator.
- 3In a mixing Bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and flour into a stiff dough. Divide into 2 equal disks, wrap in plastic wrap and chill (atleast 1 hour).
- 4When dough is thoroughly chilled, cut each disk into 4 sections. Roll each section into a thin round, and cut into 4 or 6 wedges.
- 5Place approximately 1 tsp of preserve mixture on outer edge (wide, rounded side) of rolled dough. Moisten point of dough with a little water. Roll dough over the preserves, tucking in the sides& continue to roll to the point. Continue until all dough has been used up.
- 6Place each cookie on parchment-lined cookie sheet; brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Vienna Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g