Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe makes a great, home made, flavored vodka. Tastes awesome out of the freezer, or with a splash of tonic, or club soda, or even with some Orange Juice. Needs to sit in the fridge about a week for the full flavor to permeate. Oh and use a decent vodka, (no cheap bar stuff) but you dont' have to go crazy, with Van Gogh or Belvedere or anything. (I estimated the servings, we don't keep track of that sort of stuff) Cooking time does not include 'resting' in the fridge.
- place the dried apricots in a saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- bring to boil and immediately turn off.
- allow to soak until soft about 15 minutes.
- In a large glass jar (don't use plastic or metal) place the apricots, any remaining liquid, the vanilla beans and the vodka.
- Give it a good stir and place in the fride.
- Allow to rest in the fridge about a week, stirring or gently shaking on occasion.
- You can either strain at this point and decant or, if you use a 'sun tea' type of jar with a spiggot at the bottom you can just pour directly from the jar.
Yummy! This is the first time I have tried to make any type of vodka infusion. It is great. I like the sweetness of it. I skipped the rehydration of the apricots because the ones I used were really soft and moist already. I have been drinking it in both club soda and ginger ail. Thanks!