This recipe makes a great, home made, flavored vodka. Tastes awesome out of the freezer, or with a splash of tonic, or club soda, or even with some Orange Juice. Needs to sit in the fridge about a week for the full flavor to permeate. Oh and use a decent vodka, (no cheap bar stuff) but you dont' have to go crazy, with Van Gogh or Belvedere or anything. (I estimated the servings, we don't keep track of that sort of stuff) Cooking time does not include 'resting' in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1place the dried apricots in a saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- 2bring to boil and immediately turn off.
- 3allow to soak until soft about 15 minutes.
- 4In a large glass jar (don't use plastic or metal) place the apricots, any remaining liquid, the vanilla beans and the vodka.
- 5Give it a good stir and place in the fride.
- 6Allow to rest in the fridge about a week, stirring or gently shaking on occasion.
- 7You can either strain at this point and decant or, if you use a 'sun tea' type of jar with a spiggot at the bottom you can just pour directly from the jar.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Vanilla Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: