Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can make this healthier by using turkey bacon and reduced-fat cheese. This is great to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey, but can also be maid easily with peppered deli turkey breast.
- 4 bacon, slices may use turkey bacon to reduce fat
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 6 ounces turkey breast, sliced, may use peppered deli turkey slices
- 2 pieces leaves lettuce
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices red onions
- 2 slices swiss cheese, I prefer gruyere
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Spread 2 slices of toasted bread with 1 tbsp of apricot jam each. Top each slice with 3 oz sliced turkey, 1 piece lettuce, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice onion, and 1 slice of cheese.
- Spread 2 more slices of toasted bread with the dijon mustard. Place on top. Slice in half and enjoy!
What's not to love about turkey, bacon, and cheese? Add in apricot jam and Dijon mustard and you have a real winner. We loved this sandwich so much!! I made this as written and it was delicious down to the last bite. This sandwich will be making an appearance regularly on our lunch menu. I can't wait to try it with homegrown tomatoes this summer. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper! **Made for 2015 Football Pool**
What a nice way to jazz up a turkey sandwich. Loved the flavor interaction with the apricot and dijon. Left off the lettuce and tomato -- just my preference. Will keep this recipe handy.
Great sandwich! Made with my leftover thanksgiving turkey. Made for week 12 win football pool 2013