Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can make this healthier by using turkey bacon and reduced-fat cheese. This is great to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey, but can also be maid easily with peppered deli turkey breast.
- 4 bacon, slices may use turkey bacon to reduce fat
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 6 ounces turkey breast, sliced, may use peppered deli turkey slices
- 2 pieces leaves lettuce
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices red onions
- 2 slices swiss cheese, I prefer gruyere
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Spread 2 slices of toasted bread with 1 tbsp of apricot jam each. Top each slice with 3 oz sliced turkey, 1 piece lettuce, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice onion, and 1 slice of cheese.
- Spread 2 more slices of toasted bread with the dijon mustard. Place on top. Slice in half and enjoy!
Great sandwich! Made with my leftover thanksgiving turkey. Made for week 12 win football pool 2013
I made this last week for my lunch and it was fantastic! Only change I made was to use sliced roasted chicken rather than turkey. I am not a huge turkey fan but love sliced deli chicken. I made this with the gruyere as suggested and mixed the Dijon with a little mayo. I think I will try these with leftover turkey after Thanksgiving as well to see which meat I prefer. Made for Football Pool 2013-14 Win.