Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light. Sounds interesting!! Serve with Easy Tzatziki Sauce.
- 3⁄4 cup drained canned chick-peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- cooking spray
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) multi-grain hamburger buns, split
- Prepare grill.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until chopped. Combine chickpeas, apricots, and next 7 ingredients (through turkey). Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce and top half of bun.
These were very tasty! We enjoyed the unusual flavor, and I think I'll make these again. I used green onions instead of scallops (I'm never sure...are those the same thing??). I served with your Easy Tzatiziki sauce and was very impressed with the myriad of flavor.
These were so moist and flavourful! I couldn't find any ground turkey, so I used 1 pound of ground chicken. I kept all other measurements and ingredients the same and got 4 fantastic burgers. I made a traditional tzatziki sauce and served on the side. Yummy!!! Thanks Redsie!
Made these for dinner tonight and they were FABULOUS!! I made the recipe just as directed, which was very easy. They were moist and just FULL of flavor. YUM! I didn't have the ingredients for the Tzatziki sauce, though. Will have to try that next time. We just put some light mayo and lettuce on the toasted buns. Thanks for posting!