Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is posted for the Zaar Tour Contest for Jewish recipes, since i don't know any i got this off a website for Jewish recipes.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apricot preserves
- 1 cup reconstituted dry onion soup mix
- 6 slices day-old challah or 6 slices white bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the turkey in the baking dish and cover it with the apricot preserves.
- Soak each slice of bread with onion soup. Completely cover the turkey with the bread.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the juices from the turkey run clear. The center of the turkey should be slightly pink.
- Mash the bread and serve it with slices of the roasted turkey.
Hi Jessica - what a lovely dish! We made this the other day and it came out beautifully! The only thing I did extra was to season the bird with fresh ground pepper, poultry seasoning & garlic powder. Thank you so much for posting - you have excellent taste! Diane