Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 -15 halved apricots, face up with
- 5 -7 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon in each.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, and butter a 9inch spring form pan.
- Prepare crust by mixing the ingredients together.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, half the apricots and fill each half with 1/2 teaspoon.
- Place apricots face up on top of the hot crust right out of the oven.
- Return torte to oven, and bake until sugar inside apricots is melted.
- meanwhile, begin preparing the cream.
- separate eggs.
- Beat the whites with the sugar and beat until stiff, fold in the egg yolks.
- Fold in flour.
- Pour the mixture over the cake, place back into the oven for 15- 20 more minutes, until slightly browned.