Recipe by Joy1996
I included the chilling time in the prep time.
Top Review by nnreq
I made these this weekend as part of my annual Christmas cookie frenxy. I knew that these would be a big hit as apricot is a favorite in my family. These were easy to make and added a touch of elegance to my Christmas tins.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter, sugar and cream cheese; mix until well blended.
- Blend in egg and lemon juice; mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet; make indentation in center with your thumb or the back of a spoon.
- Fill indentation with 1 tsp (approximately) of apricot preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.