Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is a simple, elegant appetizer, with WOW taste. I found this several years ago in a cookbook I own called "Fast Appetizers" by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison. I forgot about it until I was just informed I'm hosting a 50th birthday party for my friend, AND MYSELF! Well, if I'm serving it at my own party, it's good! (I'll at least double it.)
- 15 pecan halves, toasted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 15 dried apricots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to *325.
- Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Watch them closely, toss if neccesary. Let cool.
- Combine the cheeses and stir until evenly mixed.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 15 equal pieces.
- Place one piece of cheese on top of one dried apricot and top with toasted pecan.
- Transfer to serving plate and refrigerate.
- Recipe can be completed to this point up to 8 hours before serving.
- Serve at room temperature.