Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chef Ivan Flowers created this recipe for us... We asked him for an over the top roast chicken. He delivered!
- 2267.96 g roasting chickens
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 lemons
- 473.18 ml apricot marmalade
- 118.29 ml maui maid teriyaki marinade
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml granulated garlic
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- Place lemons (pierced) and thyme inside chicken.
- In a large bowl combine marmalade,Maui Maid Teriyaki Marinade, vinegar,garlic, oregano and olive oil.
- Place chicken in bowl and coat well.
- Place chicken on a rack and roast at 275F for 2 hours.
I like the slow roast method making the chicken super tender. But the skin doesn't come out crisp. I would raise the heat at the end of roasting to crisp the skin. Then definitely cut the sauce in half. Way to much.Unless you plan on braising the chicken in the sauce.