Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve these bright little treasures hot out of the oven with creamy butter. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Soaking time not included in preparation time.
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted with
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Rinse apricots well, cover with water and allow to soak for a couple of hours.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a muffin pan very well.
- Place 1 apricot half in each cup of a well-buttered muffin pan, hollow side up; add 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- In a bowl, cream 4 tablespoons of butter; add granulated sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Pour batter into muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.