Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Purchased this tea loaf at a church bazaar. It came with the recipe so I thought I would share this delicious recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb dried apricot (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice, strained
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- Place apricots in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand undisturbed for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup apricot liquid. Cut the softened apricots into small pieces and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and sift two times into large mixing bowl. Place butter in a smaller bowl and beat in sugar with electric mixer. Add egg and beat well. Beat in the reserved apricot liquid and orange juice. With a rubber spatula scrape the mixture into the flour mixture. Mix only until all the lumps have disappeared. DO NOT OVER MIX. Add reserved apricots and almonds and mix briefly.
- Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Serve sliced thin. Spread with unsalted butter.