Recipe by Outta Here
I found this recipe while cleaning up some old floppy disks. I got it from an old foodie BBS years ago (remember those?)
Top Review by Susie D
This is an excellent fruit bread. We enjoyed it toasted and spread with honey butter for breakfast this morning. It was easy to make and the baking time was spot on for me. I think it would make a lovely addition to a holiday gift basket. Thanks Mikekey for sharing your recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- boiling water (enough to cover apricots for soaking)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or melted butter, for richer flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apricots in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/4 cup of the soaking water.
- Finely chop apricots. Set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream together the egg, sugar and oil.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with orange juice and reserved soaking water. Stir in apricots and pecans.
- Spread batter in loaf pan and bake 1-1 1/4 hours, or until wooden pick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Turn out onto wire rack and cool.