Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Source: Taste of Home
Make and share this Apricot Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, bring apricots and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes; drain.
- Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside.
- Shape dough into 24 balls.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffins cups.
- Spoon apricot mixture into cups.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Cool for 10 minutes; before removing from pans to cool completely.
- For topping, in another small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spoon a dollop onto each tart.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Thanks a lot for these patries they are really very good.<br/><br/>The dought was perfect and will keep the recipe for other variations, The filling idea is great and the topping yummy.<br/>This recipe is very versatile, changing the fruits and topping. I love your idea to use muffins mold as in this way we can prepare small portions and ca be served for party, as dessert to share at work/school without cutting a tart and even without plate!