Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Phyllo is a wonderful substitute for the high fat pate sucree or pate brisee
Make and share this Apricot Tart ( Tarte Aux Abricots) Low Fat recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on parchment paper (keep remainder covered w/ a damp paper towel). Use a pastry bruch, lightly coat the phyllo dough with some butter.
- Place 2nd sheet on top and brush with more butter, repeat with the remaining phyllo and butter.
- Coat four 4" tart pans (w/ removable bottoms) with nonstick spray.
- Use a 6" pastry ring, cut out 4 circles from the phyllo dough. Fit each in a tart pan.
- Place a circle of parchment paper in each pan, hold it down with rice or dry beans. Blind bake the pans on a baking sheet for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and remove weights carefully.
- Raise the temperature to 375.
- Spread 1 tbsp of jam on bottom of each tart, arrange 20 of the apricot slices in each, fitting them tightly. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sugar over the top of each tart.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the apricots are cooked and the top if nicely glazed. Serve warm or at room temperature.