Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This easy to prepare tart recipe is a wonderful combination of walnuts, dates and apricots, making it a delicious and highly nutritious dessert. Even though there is no sugar, it has a natural sweetness from the dates and honey that will generously satisfy your sweet tooth
- 2 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates
- 2 cups dried apricots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove pits from dates if they have them and place them in a food processor with walnuts.
- Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth.
- About 40 seconds.
- It should be a coarse texture when done.
- Press evenly into a 9inch tart pan with about ½ inch crust around rim.
- Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
- Slice apricots about ¼ inch thick, and cook in a 10 inch skillet with honey, orange juice and cinnamon on medium low heat, until apricots become tender,and liquid is syrupy.
- about 10 minutes.
- Remove apricots and syrup from hot pan and let cool in bowl for about 1 hour so it gets fairly cool.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- It can be served right away or chilled.
- Make sure you store tart covered so it doesn't pick up moisture from the refrigerator.