Perfect Pixie's Note:
This easy to prepare tart recipe is a wonderful combination of walnuts, dates and apricots, making it a delicious and highly nutritious dessert. Even though there is no sugar, it has a natural sweetness from the dates and honey that will generously satisfy your sweet tooth
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove pits from dates if they have them and place them in a food processor with walnuts.
- 2Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth.
- 3About 40 seconds.
- 4It should be a coarse texture when done.
- 5Press evenly into a 9inch tart pan with about ½ inch crust around rim.
- 6Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
- 7Slice apricots about ¼ inch thick, and cook in a 10 inch skillet with honey, orange juice and cinnamon on medium low heat, until apricots become tender,and liquid is syrupy.
- 8about 10 minutes.
- 9Remove apricots and syrup from hot pan and let cool in bowl for about 1 hour so it gets fairly cool.
- 10Spread evenly over crust.
- 11It can be served right away or chilled.
- 12Make sure you store tart covered so it doesn't pick up moisture from the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Tart from Above (Gluten Free_
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.8
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g