Recipe by Chohertz
This recipe is from Real Simple magazine a few years back. Very tasty and easy tart to make. I have used Libbey brand canned apricots in lieu of fresh with good results. Also I always make my own pastry crust as it is almost as easy as pre made (just roll out between two wax paper sheets for easier releasing).
- 1 (15 ounce) box pie crusts
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 8 Nabisco social tea biscuits (or Voortman tea biscuits)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 apricots, ripe
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- -Heat oven to 350°F
- -Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (save the other crust for future use).
- -Place the almonds, cookies, and sugar in a blender or food processor and pulse to a fine sand; sprinkle on the bottom of the crust.
- -Halve and pit the apricots. Arrange them, cut-side down, on top of the crumbs.
- -Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- -Put the jelly into a small saucepan and warm over medium heat until melted and bubbling, stirring constantly. Spoon over the tart. Set aside to cool completely.
- Garnish with blueberries or blackberries and serve.