Recipe by Suzie_Q
From Company's Coming. Great on pancakes and ice cream.
Top Review by gemini08
WOW, this is fabulous! I made the syrup as posted and put it in the ice cream machine; it made the most wonderful apricot sherbet I have ever had anywhere! What a delicious treat! Thank you sooo much for posting, Suzie_Q!
- 907.18 g fresh apricots, halved, pitted and cut up
- 236.59 ml water
- 946.36 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup or 14.79 ml dark corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree about 1/2 apricots and 1/2 water in blender.
- Turn into large saucepan.
- Repeat with second half of apricots and water.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup. Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves and it comes to a boil.
- Boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.