Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Company's Coming. Great on pancakes and ice cream.
Make and share this Apricot Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh apricots, halved, pitted and cut up
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- Puree about 1/2 apricots and 1/2 water in blender.
- Turn into large saucepan.
- Repeat with second half of apricots and water.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup. Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves and it comes to a boil.
- Boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
WOW, this is fabulous! I made the syrup as posted and put it in the ice cream machine; it made the most wonderful apricot sherbet I have ever had anywhere! What a delicious treat! Thank you sooo much for posting, Suzie_Q!
This turned out perfectly. It is just the right consistency to use on pancakes or waffles and it tastes fabulous!