Gramma Peg's Note:
This recipe came from a neighbor when I requested recipies for a cookbook our local history group was getting together. It has been a favorite of my family and many others that read it in our self published cookbook " The Main Menu of Memories". If you use fresh potatoes, they should be cooked first to al dente stage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 1 to 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 2Arrange sweet potatoes in single layer.
- 3Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon in a 1 quart saucepan.
- 4Stir in apricot nectar and 1/3 cup water.
- 5Cook and stir on high heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat and add margarine and apricots.
- 7Pour evenly over potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with pecans.
- 9Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10The casserole will be hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 153.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g