This is from the Diabetes Australia The Diabetes Cookbook and is in response to a request for diabetic recipes with nuts. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius (180 degree for fan-forced).
- 2Grease oven tray.
- 3Combine apricots, sugar, cinnamon, sultanas and nuts in medium bowl.
- 4Stack pastry sheets, brushing each lightly with milk as you layer them.
- 5Spread apricot mix over pastry, leaving a 5cm space at edge of both short sides and 2cm at edge of one long side.
- 6Fold short sides over; starting from filled long side edge, roll strudel to enclose filling.
- 7Place seam side down on prepared tray.
- 8Bush strudel with remaining milk.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Dust strudel with icing sugar before serving, warm or cold, with icecream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g