Recipe by Cynna
Every so often I crave a different kind of muffin. Apricot fits the bill nicely. These are fantastic right out of the oven with a cup of tea. These really brighten the morning for me.
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cream of wheat, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine juice and apricots in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent.
- Microwave at high 3 minutes or until apricot mixture boils.
- Let stand, covered; cool completely.
- Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl, reserving juice.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour and the next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine 3 tablespoons reserved white grape juice, butter, vanilla, egg whites, and yogurt; stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in reserved apricots.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
- Dip muffin tops in remaining apple juice; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon sugar.