Recipe by Outta Here
A great breakfast bread, toasted with honey or butter slathered on it. This is for the ABM, but could be taken out after first rise and shaped by hand and baked in oven. Maybe at 350F for 30 minutes? This is for a 1 1/2 lb. loaf. Cook time is approximate and doesn't include cooling time for apricots.
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apricots and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Drain the apricots, RESERVING the liquid, and spread them out on a double thickness of paper towels. Allow the apricots and the liquid to cool to room temperature.
- Finely chop the apricots.
- Measure the reserved cooking liquid and add enough apricot nectar to measure 7/8 cup.
- Place all ingredients in machine according to manufacturers directions - EXCEPT APRICOTS.
- Program the breadmaker for the medium crust mode and whatever setting your machine has for adding things later, and press start.
- At the end of the mixing cycle and just before the kneading cycle begins, (or when machine beeps) add the chopped apricots.
- Remove bread at the end of the baking cycle promptly. Allow to cool on wire rack completely before slicing or wrapping for storage.