Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Russian Christmas' staple for years! Deliciously creamy with blanched apricots.
Make and share this Apricot Sour Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- For the dough: Cut butter into cubes, combine all ingredients and use fingers to blend until mixture resembles coarse meal (can use a pastry knife also).
- Add 6 tbsp ice water, mix with fingers or large fork until dough just comes together.
- Turn it out onto a well-floured board.
- Form it into a disk with your hands and let sit for 15-30 minutes before rolling.
- Boil ~4 cups (just enough to cover the apricots), add the sugar and apricots. Blanch for 90 seconds (up to 5 minutes), then drain and set aside to cool.
- Blend together sour cream, 2 tbsp sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Separately beat the 3 egg whites until stiff and fold into sour cream filling.
- Then roll out and line 9" pie tin with dough and gently fill by layering apricots and filling.
- Brush any remaining exposed crust with the egg yolk.
- (Can make a top crust or lattice, if desired, by doubling dough recipe.).
- Bake st 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes.