Recipe by dale!
Yummy! Makes a great addition to a cheese platter. Also fantastic to take on hikes or an addition to lunch.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apricots, sultanas, water, honey, rind and juice in a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in almonds, milk powder and first coconut.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Roll halves into 12 cm log shapes.
- Roll logs in extra coconut and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place the rolls on a tray and refridgerate overnight.
- Cut into slices to serve.
- Alternately roll the mixture into small balls, then roll in coconut and refridgerate until firm.