Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another tasty salmon recipe. Recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce or 2 cups spinach
- 1⁄2 cucumber, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- Rinse salmon; pat dry.
- Spray the unheated rack of a boiler pan with nonstick spray.
- place salmon on rack.
- Broil 4 to 5 in from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- This can also be cooked on outside grill or basket.
- I even grill it in grill on stove.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine the cornstarch, salt and ground red pepper.
- Gradually stir in nectar; add honey and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Cook stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover; keep warm.
- In a large bowl toss together the spinach or romaine; cucumber and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- To serve, place salmon on romaine mixture and spoon sauce over each serving.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
Delicious & simple way to prepare salmon. I agree with HeatherFeather that this is well-suited for serving guests. As she suggested, I doubled the sauce recipe. We used the leftover as a dipping sauce for pot stickers the next day--very tasty. Thanks for another great recipe, Barb!
Elegant presentation, perfect for guests - but very simple to prepare. Great flavor. I loved the glaze on this - so much that next time, I would double the amount to have extra for dipping. Accurate timing too.