Recipe by Girl from India
Apricot sauce is an often used custard topping at my mom's place and I love the combo
Top Review by Rhea in USA
This takes me back to a city called hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh, India. Its a very famous dish served at weddings and big events. I enjoyed it and served it after a nice meal of lamb biryani. Thanks Fay.
- 250 g dried apricots
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or sweeter if desired)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and soak the apricots in warm water for 6-8 hours or overnight Remove the seeds with a knife.
- Mash a bit and add sugar Boil in water (just enough to cover) till very soft.
- Add lemon juice and chill.
- Serve as a topping on custard and garnish with the nut from the seed chopped.