Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces apricots, Dried
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sweet vermouth
- Cover the apricots with the apple juice and bring to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir the apricots occasionally so they will not stick or burn.
- Let the apricots cool, then strain.
- Reserve the cooking liquid.
- Chop the cooked apricots and set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine the orange juice, honey, water, cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the apricots, their cooking liquid and vermouth.
- Serve hot or well chilled.
- Each Tablespoon contains:
- Cal Prot Carb Fib Fat Fat Chol Sodium
With the exception of the sweet vermouth, all ingredients were included in the sauce I made, & A GREAT TASTING SAUCE it is (actually 'was' because it's all gone now)! Will be making this again, especially since it's sweetened with honey rather than granulated sugar! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Sauce theme in My-3-Chefs]