From The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook and recommend to go with Apricot and Hazelnut Bran Cake. As put in the instructions the timing of the microwave method will depend on the wattage of your microwave but unfortunately I couldn't find in the cook book any reference to what wattage oven they used. times are estimated and have based them on the conventional method..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Conventional Method:-.
- 2In a medium sized saucepan combine the pineapple juice, sugar, orange juice and cinnamon and add the water and heat until boiling and then stir in the dried apricots.
- 3Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour into a blender and blend until smooth and thickened.
- 5Microwave Method:-.
- 6Place the apricots, pineapple juice, sugar, orange juice and cinnamon in a medium sized microwave safe container and stir in the dried apricots.
- 7Cover and cook on HIGH (100% for 6 minutes, stirring once and then allow to stand for 5 minutes).
- 8Pour into a blender and blend until smooth and thickened.
- 9Please note for the microwave method it will depend on the wattage of your microwave.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g