Recipe by manushag
Sweet and tart, with a delicious oatmeal cookie crust. Great for the holidays. Fast and easy to make. Can be made with fresh apricots, too. Omit water in that case.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine filling ingredients and chop fine in food processor.
- Combine crust ingredients and press 1/2 into the bottom of an 8 x 8 cake pan.
- Pour in filling and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle top with second 1/2 of cookie mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut in small squares.