Recipe by Benny's Chef
The apricots come out so delicious in this recipe. Obviously the chicken does too and that's why I'm putting up this recipe. When I'm in a hurry, I just put a mixture of apricots, salsa, apricot jam and chickpeas instead of making the whole recipe. It comes out delicious both ways!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1.5 (12 ounce) jars apricot jam
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 (16 ounce) jars hot salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 20 dried apricots, can use more or less depending on taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in pan and spread jam over chicken.
- Squeeze lime on chicken.
- Add spices over lime.
- Pour salsa over spices.
- Drain chickpeas and add to chicken.
- Add apricots.
- Cover and bake at 325 for an hour and a half.
- Uncover and bake at 350 for another half an hour.