Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, Finely minced
- 2 apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- apple cider
- Cut a red bell pepper in half; remove seeds; and roast half of it. (Brush with olive oil; put under broiler very close to heat until blackened, about 5 minutes). Chop.
- Saute onion in about a tablespoon of olive oil until translucent.
- Add tomato and jalapeno; saute about another 5 minutes, until tomato is cooked.
- Add apple cider to cover apricots and boil down until cider is almost all boiled off.
- Add chopped roasted bell pepper; stir.
- Add dark rum and flambe. (Light and swirl until flame goes out).
- Serve hot over grilled shark, swordfish, shrimp, or marlin.