Recipe by House
A tasty variation of the already yummy jello salad. From: "Holiday Cookbook: Favorite Recipes by Assemblies of God Women"
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package apricot gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving 1 cup pineapple syrup. Soften cream cheese; whip until fluffy.
- Dissolve gelatin in 3 cups boiling water; stir in reserved pineapple syrup and cream cheese.
- Chill until partially thickened; fold in fruits and whipped cream.
- Pour into pan or mold; sprinkle with nuts. Chill until firm.