Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy pleaser that's sure to impress your guests. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 2 3⁄4 cups canned apricots, drained
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Mash apricots through a sieve, or whirl in the food processor or blender.
- Combine with egg whites and whipped cream.
- Fold in rum and chill very well.