Recipe by PaulaG
This takes only 10 minutes to prepare for the oven. It looks awesome when removed from the oven. The meat is very tender and the sauce provides a hint of orange and rosemary. The recipe is courtesy of Betty Crocker.
Top Review by FullyClothedChef
soooooo fantastic! I used a little more than 1/4 cup on the roast for cooking, and added more preserves and apple juice to the sauce pan. I made it a reduction, and it was so wonderful I can't even tell you. I served mine with roasted brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. I'm making this for mothers day this year.
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove any excess fat from the roast.
- Place roast in a 13x9-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the preserves, sherry, rosemary and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When thickened, spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto pork reserving remainder.
- Insert meat thermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of pork.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until the thermometer reads 155°F.
- Cover pork with foil and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°F.
- Cut roast into slices.
- Heat the reserved apricot mixture and serve with roast.