Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that is great comfort food! All it needs to balance out is a nice tomato salad with greens. I hope you like this as much as we do. I can't remember from where I got this recipe - so we'll just have to keep on enjoying it - without knowing about it's rightful owner.
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 lb fresh apricot, pitted & sliced in 1/2
- 3⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oil or 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 lb egg noodles (wide)
- Broil steak 4" from the heat source, for 7-8 minutes per side, or until done. Keep warm.
- Place apricots, sliced red onion, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder &.
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil or butter in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Slice the steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Pour the apricot relish over the steak & noodles.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Sit down and enjoy.