Recipe by Sydney Mike
I suspect this recipe [on a card] came from an old cookbook my mother had. I don't recall her making it, but it is in her handwriting from about 30 years ago. The combination of apricots & raisins sound great!
Top Review by DogMa
Dull day and empty pantry, so I came to RecipeZaar and typed in raisins and apricots. What a score! This tastes like a mince pie and had a nice chewy (really dry apricots) texture. I'll try it with fresher apricots-I did soak them a while first-next time. Well worth the 30 year find.
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot, packed, quartered
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out & line a 9" or 10" deep dish pie plate, then chill until filling is ready.
- Put raisins in small bowl & cover with boiling water. Set aside to plump for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put quartered apricots in saucepan & cover with water.
- Cover pan, bring to boil, then lower heat & simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain apricots & set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together the last 7 ingredients.
- Drain raisins & add both them & apricots to sour cream mixture, stirring well.
- Pour into pie shell & bake in lower 1/3 of oven 40-45 minutes or until light golden on edges, & knife inserted 1" from edge comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, then serve at room temperature.