Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entry for the RSC Winter January 2005 - miscellaneous
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk (instant)
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped to raisin size
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together water and instant powdered milk; set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg together, until smooth; add reconstituted milk, lemon zest and juice, mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coriander, raisins and apricots; mix well.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients; pour wet ingredients into the well; stir just enough to moisten, batter should be lumpy.
- Either spray a 12 cup muffin tin with veggie spray or place a cupcake paper in each cup.
- Fill each cup with 1/12 of the batter.
- Sprinkle top of each muffin with chopped cashews.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in centre of muffin comes out clean.
This muffins were delicious! I ate two hot straight out of the oven!
I really liked these. They were not sweet but had a lot of flavor. I was a little concerned about mixing the lemon with the milk because of curdling but they were fine. Maybe my oven runs hot but 400 was a little high. Next time I will cook at 375. Very good recipe