Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is sweet and rich. Lovely toasted with a little butter! You may substitute prunes for the raisins.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 78.07 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 887.21 ml flour
- 11.09 ml bread machine yeast
- 236.59 ml chopped dried apricot
- 59.14 ml raisins
- Heat cold milk for 30 seconds in the microwave; hold eggs under tap water for a minute to warm.
- Add ingredients according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Set Cycle: Sweet, Size, 2lb.
- After about 5 minutes, check your dough: Add a tablespoon of water if too dry, or a tablespoon of flour if too wet, until dough is smooth.
- Alternatively, set cycle to dough, take dough out and shape as desired.
- I like to divide the dough in half, then divide each half into three, roll into ropes and braid, joining the dough ends together to create a braided circle.
- Leave to rise until doubled, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
This sounds awesome! I can't wait to try it! Great idea to braid it in a circle, like a wreath for the holidays! Thank you!