Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These delectable muffins make a wonderful homemade holiday gift or are great for a lovely Sunday brunch! From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil 8 muffin cups or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; mix well.
- Mix in apricots and pecans.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Add to dry mixture, mixing until all ingredients are moistened.
- Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins to a rack to cool.
These are yummy! I increased the oil and brown sugar just a bit and they turned out great,