Top Review by Sherri35
This bread had a very nice apricot flavor and we loved how the top got a little crunchy! The only substitute I had to make was peach juice in place of orange juice or lemonade. I was anxious to try the recipe and only had the peach juice. Thanks for a great bread that my whole family enjoyed.
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup lemonade or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add nuts, shortening, egg, preserves, and juice.
- Stir until mixture is dampened, but not smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.