Recipe by Kathy!!
This recipe was given to me by my flute teacher and fellow cooking enthusiast. He said we would like it and we did.
Top Review by Sing4mysupper
Very good. I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I didn't have apricots and I used 2/3 c orange juice and increased the preserves just a bit. After the pork chops were browned I put everything into the slow cooker (except the green onions) A couple of hours later, we had very flavourful pork chops. I served with basmati rice.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 small boneless pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apricots in a bowl.
- Pour orange juice over apricots.
- Add preserves, brown sugar, and curry powder and stir gently. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil.
- Cook chops about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Add apricot and juice mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until chops are done.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.