Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by my flute teacher and fellow cooking enthusiast. He said we would like it and we did.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 small boneless pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place apricots in a bowl.
- Pour orange juice over apricots.
- Add preserves, brown sugar, and curry powder and stir gently. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil.
- Cook chops about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Add apricot and juice mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until chops are done.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
Very good. I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I didn't have apricots and I used 2/3 c orange juice and increased the preserves just a bit. After the pork chops were browned I put everything into the slow cooker (except the green onions) A couple of hours later, we had very flavourful pork chops. I served with basmati rice.
I loved this recipe!! The sweet and savory taste went great together! I actually made this for a meal swap that I am in and all the families raved about the dish! Thanks for a great meal!