Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Rachel Ray 30 minute meal--although I must say, I usually can't make things in 30 minutes!!
Make and share this Apricot Poppy Chicken With Dill Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g small potatoes, halved
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, cut into large chunks (or tenders)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml apricot preserves, big fruit pieces chopped
- 44.37 ml honey
- 9.85 ml poppy seeds
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml fresh dill, chopped (or snipped)
- In a medium pot, add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer the potatoes, uncovered, until fork-tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are working, in a large skillet, heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes total.
- Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, apricot preserves, honey and poppy seeds and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Drain the potatoes, return to their pot and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the chicken.
Great dish! We loved the apricot chicken with the dill potatoes, a very enjoyable combination. Next time I will cut down the honey a little, though, as it was a tad sweet for our taste. There will definitely be a next time :) Thanks for posting!
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
We really enjoyed the chicken, I did tone the vinegar down just a little and I am glad I did as it was perfect. Love the addition of poppy seeds. My potatoes took far longer than 15 minutes to cook and they were small ones and the dill is always a great addition to potatoes. The star of this dish was the chicken, will definitely make again. Made for ZWT8.
A very nice dinner that can easily be made on a weeknight. I think the 30 minutes would be the cooking time- after everything was prepared.The poppyseeds on the chicken and dill on the potatoes gave great visual presentation. I enjoyed the potatoes the most. Photo also to be posted