Recipe by Mommy Diva
A Rachel Ray 30 minute meal--although I must say, I usually can't make things in 30 minutes!!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Great dish! We loved the apricot chicken with the dill potatoes, a very enjoyable combination. Next time I will cut down the honey a little, though, as it was a tad sweet for our taste. There will definitely be a next time :) Thanks for posting!
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
- 2 lbs small potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into large chunks (or tenders)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves, big fruit pieces chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or snipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer the potatoes, uncovered, until fork-tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are working, in a large skillet, heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes total.
- Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, apricot preserves, honey and poppy seeds and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Drain the potatoes, return to their pot and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the chicken.